Saturday 26 November 2011

Dragons and Werewolves!

I started Skyrim as a Dunmer which is the race I used to be 80% of the time in Oblivion. And I had a very slow start because of a tremendous amount of LAG!! But even with that problem bearing a burden on me, I carried on through Riverwood, to Whiterun where I started the main quest. When I arrived I took a simple tour through Whiterun and eventually got to the Jarl, then when I found out I had to go to Bleak Falls.... (or as my mind called it "that scary looking place with that dragon in the gameplay videos") I avoided the main quest till I thought I was strong enough. So I headed up to Winterhold to join the College of Winterhold (which is the equivalent to Oblivion's Mages Guild) and I joined them, I did the first quest for them quite quickly and then I noticed the huge amount of miscellaneous quests I had so I went round mostly the middle of Skyrim doing some of these quests. One of them was to join The Companions who are a band of fighters that believe honor and family to be great parts of their lives. But  before I joined them I had been to Bleak Falls, done the quest and returned to Whiterun to find out that there was a dragon nearby, I went and killed the dragon with flames while healing myself at the same time, and found out I was the Dragonborn (which I knew was coming). I headed back to Whiterun to become a Thane and earn the Axe of Whiterun which then made me want to join The Companions, so I went there and joined up (which is strange considering I'm mainly a mage). I would say one good reason was to improve my one-handed skill and to get stronger for my hike up to the Greybeards. I had to pass a trail to prove my strength and loyalty to The Companions, and during this trail in a tomb full of enemies I discovered that these fighters are secret Werewolves which was a great twist to the story.
And that's the point I'm up to in this amazing game, there will be another post soon. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment